Image Map

Sunday 28 April 2019

Creative Professional Practice - Website Research


Website Research






 Looking at the photographers I had researched earlier in the year, their websites are more simple and all have similar galleries. Amy’s layout, in my opinion, isn’t eye catching. However, her work does all the talking. Since her work is all fascinating and impressive, she can catch the eyes of clients easier. Since she has worked with massive clients and footballers, it’s then easier for her to keep a simple website layout and use her best work. Her tabs are much more different compared to mine. She has specific tabs. For example, the first tab ‘Daniel Gosling’ is a footballer and all of her photos with him would be on one page. I couldn’t lay mine out as such; it would mean having a lot more tabs and I want mine to be more categorised in their specific topics rather than singling each topic out.




Another page of hers ‘Sport 1’. She has categorised each shoot into different galleries. The audience are able to get a quick look of what each category entails by the thumbnail and if they like the look of one, they can select that category which then will lead to a new page with the photographs from that photoshoot. This is probably a good idea; however, I don’t have many shoots that I can then categorise all of them and make one massive gallery. This, however, is an idea for the future once I have managed to have more photoshoots done and edited.

Similar to Amy's website, Michael has a simple grid gallery for his home page showcasing his different works in the different side of sports photography, making it clearer and easier for the audience to view and access his work. His website is more of a simple layout, allowing anyone to be able to browse his site without any hassle. However, in my eyes, Michael's art work must attract you to carry on browsing, the website for me is too plain and not eye catching enough. If i wasn't a fan of his work, then i would click off the site and browse somewhere else.



This is where I had got my ideas for writing my biography on my own website. This is where I first saw how photographers had their biography written. In 3rd person. I haven't had much success compared to Michael, however, when I get there, I know what to write in my biography that may entice future potential clients to hire me for sports events. Something different from my website with his is, I have my biography as a separate page and a contact page too, where he has just his contact email at the bottom of the page, saving space and any other hassle.


This website of photographer Cassandra Ladru, is named one of the most inspirational photography websites in terms of themes and design. From the get go, the home page will catch a massive target audience - those who are looking to hire a wedding photographer. The full page design is a great way to entice people to keep interested, having your home page as your main interest is a good way of getting more clients and jobs. 

 
This website works by scrolling down. This is a clever technique. A lot of people don't like clicking more than 2 or 3 times. The only time her audience has to click is to view one of the galleries or to take them directly to her social media which is found at the bottom of her website. Her layout is so professional, allowing her to be seen as a professional. Although Michael and Amy are both professionals, Cassandra, has designed her website to look creative and fancy just like her photographs. Therefore, I think people's websites have to show off their personality whilst showcasing their professional work no matter what industry they work in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment