Image Map

Sunday 28 April 2019

Creative Professional Practice - Social Media


Instagram

Instagram is one of the biggest social media platforms around. Used by many people and businesses, Instagram is a great way of getting yourself out there and getting clients/jobs. However, just uploading one picture a week, will not get you jobs. If you know the techniques of getting likes/comments and followers then there's more chance of you getting out there. One key way since Instagram was established is using hashtags. You need to use the right ones, the ones that are commonly used and are more popular. For example, the hashtag 'likeforlikes' is commonly used. It really works and many people will follow the hashtag and like your photograph/video. You also need to get the timing right. Don't upload when the majority of the people in your country are sleeping or at college. Do it at the time you believe is right and experiment with it. 

My Instagram - @autofocusphoto



I have had my photography account for over 2 years now. At first I found it difficult to gain followers and likes. I then started my blog and shared my blog posts on my account. I realised, I needed the right time to upload. So, I decided to release my blog posts out at 4pm and I would then upload 1 photo each day from that post at 4pm on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Out of the three social media platforms I use, I would say Instagram is my favourite one and most popular platform. I would say it is easier to gain followers on Instagram than Twitter and Facebook. I try to be consistent to show my work rate, so I try to do a blog post whenever I can and to get the images edited and ready to go. 

Twitter

Twitter is also one of the most popular social networking platforms out there. Just like Instagram many use it to share photos and many have issues with Instagram dropping image quality and therefore focus on Twitter more. Similar to Instagram, a way of gaining followers, getting likes and retweets is by using hashtags. Hashtags for photography are well used on Twitter, again timing is also key. It is easier to gain followers on Twitter from around the county and the world than Instagram. Once you have a good following on Twitter and you are well known or verified, you will get plenty of people liking and sharing your work and therefore getting more jobs. 

My Twitter - @autofocus_photo

My twitter isn't the most popular, however, I only created this account last year and since then have tweeted 365 times. With social media, if you don't have the popularity, you have to keep working hard to become one of those known accounts. I would say, Twitter isn't the best for getting clients and jobs unless you have the right followers and the right following. If you aren't following the right accounts, then most likely your work won't be reaching the people you want it to be. With twitter, once my blog has been published, I then go post the image with the blog link on Instagram and then same steps for twitter. 

My Facebook - @autofocusphotographyblog


Facebook for me is quite difficult. It is definitely harder for me to reach people to get jobs than Instagram and twitter. I still use it to share my blog, images and videos, however, I don't get much interaction from people like I do on Instagram. Many people now, do not use Facebook for businesses, so it would be harder for businesses who aren't well known to get popular and plenty of clients. You can also use hashtags on Facebook, but you still won't reach people so in my opinion using Facebook isn't the best for getting jobs. I have received job offers on Facebook, but only from family and friends of family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment